Kiteboarding - also known as kitesurfing or flysurfing is a relatively new sport that first gained popularity in the late 90's.
Kiteboarding is a mixture between windsurfing, surfing and wakeboarding. Different size kites allows you to kiteboard in various wind strengths. The bigger the kite, the lighter the wind you can go in and vice versa. With bigger kites you can get going in as little as 10 knots, and with smaller kites you can still sail along in strong winds of 35 knots or more.
Learning to Kiteboard
Compared to windsurfing and surfing, kiteboarding is a relatively easy sport to learn. Most students are able to get up on their board after two or three lessons from a kiteboarding lesson, and with a bit of practice you can do your first jump in a few days.
Should I take lessons?
Kiteboarding is a safe sport only if you familiarize yourself with the safety aspects of the sport. Lessons are extremely important.
It is important to note that kiteboarders can pose a danger to the public. Tensioned lines are razor sharp and can cause cuts to innocent bystanders.
Lessons will jumpstart your learning process, and get you on the water quickly and safely.
OXBOLD also thedistributor and importer for Kitesurfing sports equipment. We carry brands like CabrinhaKite and Airush. If you wish to own one board after you hook up the sport. You may consider to place your order with us.
Kiteboarding Golden Rules:
• Always check the weather report before you go kiteboarding.
• Let people know where you are and how long you intend to be away.
• Check local regulations in regards to kites and sailing.
• Choose plenty of space - no people, trees, power lines, rocks, swimming areas, buildings, freeway's, airports or anything! And leave plenty of space for take off and choose a down wind stop point just in case.
• Ideal wind directions are cross-shore winds and wind strength's about 8 to 15 knots.
• Avoid gusty / unstable, cross off and off shore winds. Match your kite size to the wind strength.
• Check your gear before and after every session, replace any worn or damaged parts before going out.
• Always use your kite's safety systems - on a Wipika marine wing, the bar leash and quick release - to de-power the kite but retain equipment.
• When using a board, attach a surfleash as you enter the water and wear a helmet.
• Kites are not intended to endure repeated crashes on land, and neither are human bodies.
We teach a maximum of 2 students per 1 kiteboarding instructor ratio. We recommend the 3 days kitesurfing beginner package if you have never flown a kite or done kiteboarding before. We give new kite-surfers all the necessary skills, knowledge and experience needed to kiteboard in a responsible and competent manner. The goal with the course is to bring you up to a level where you can go out and continue practicing safely by yourself. We will walk you through all the steps needed to kiteboard in a safe way. We also offer a private course, 1-on-1 with an instructor. This can help in fast tracking you through a course.
Discovery Kiteboarding Lesson
If you don't have 3 days to spare we offer a 1 hour Kiteboarding Discovery and 1 day Kiteboarding Beginner Lesson which will give you the basic skills and a good understanding of kiteboarding and the equipment. If you have previously completed training or need to brush up your skills this is a good choice.
Entry Level 1. No experience
needed. (12 years old and above) 2. Good swimming skills
3. Good health and normal fitness level
Duration 1 hour lesson
You will learn: 1. Rigging up a 4 line kite;
2. Flying a 4-line kite;
3. Understanding the wind and weather;
assessment and safety;
5. Equipment safety systems;
6. Launching and Landing;
Includes 1. Kiteboarding equipment
2. Theory and instruction
3. Service of Intructor
4. Insurance coverage
Two ways transportation to Kuantan, Balok Beach
Maximum: for big group or event, please call to request Safety Safety briefing will be conducted on land or baech before the students enter the water. Students must follow all safety instruction. What
to Wear & Bring 1. A POSITIVE, FRIENDLY ATTITUDE & GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR!!
2. Waterwear like lycra, boardshort and similar
4. Beach sandals or flip flops
5. Sunblock, Sunglasses and Cap
6. Towel and another dry set of clothes to change after lesson
You can also purchase a Gift Voucher if the Kiteboarding Lesson is for someone else. Please visit our Gift Ideas Experience page for more information on Gift Vouchers
Kiteboarding Lesson is Popular for ideal GIFT Experience. Many of our customer buy this as Gift eVouchers for Families, Couple, Boss Retirement, Staff Promotion, Birthday, Anniversary and etc. Please click HERE for more information!